A fee-based, Pre-K readiness program for children ages 3 through 5 offered at the Education Center. Children receive breakfast, lunch, and a mid-afternoon snack through the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Skills development and activities include: writing, color and shape recognition, alphabet cognition, story time, math and science exploration, arts and crafts, technology education, structured group physical education and free-play, social and cultural activities, as well as local field trips. Older children in the program attend K4 at the Early Child Learning Center in the mornings, and are bused to the Education Center for lunch and afternoon activities with the other children in the program.
Once submitted back to the YMCA Education Center, enrollment forms will be reviewed and you will be notified after we have processed your application. Incomplete sections or missing forms can result in a delay of the processing of your application. The enrollment packet includes:
- Cover page
- Enrollment Form
- Child Health Report (to be completed by your child’s doctor)
- Parent/Guardian Fee Agreement
- “Getting to know your child better” form
- Authorization to Exchange Information form
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) forms:
- CACFP Letter to parents
- CACFP Income Eligibility Instructions
- CACFP Income Eligibility Form
- CACFP Enrollment Form
- CACFP “Building for the Future” Brochure
- WIC Brochure
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Children in the Tiny Footsteps program are served a hot breakfast and lunch as well as an afternoon snack each day that the program is in session. Each year that a child is in the Tiny Footsteps program parents will fill out an enrollment form as well as an Income Eligibility Form for enrollment in the CACFP (see applications and forms).
The YMCA Tiny Footsteps program is licensed by the Office of Child Development, PA Department of Human Services. Tiny Footsteps is accredited by the Pennsylvania Keystone STARS program. That’s important to you as a parent because you can be sure your kids are thriving in the highest quality learning environment with qualified, certified teachers who annually seek continuing education and certifications in CPR/First Aid, Fire Safety & Child Development.
Tiny Footsteps is Keystone 4 accredited. Each stars designation has its own research-based performance standards. These standards measure areas of childcare and education.
What you can expect from the quality rating is:
- Professional development and training for our teachers.
- Literacy activities including reading, story-telling and encouraging written and verbal communication
- Parent and community resources are used effectively in the quality delivery of the program
- Business, organizational and staff compensation practices are maximized
- A review of the program center by a nationally recognized environment rating scale that indicates a high quality score
This facility is certified by The Department of Human Services Office of Child Development and Early Learning
To contact the regional office call: 1-800-222-2149
Child Care Center Regulations can be accessed here.