Member & Guest Expectations
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct lists examples of prohibited actions.
Such actions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property or in YMCA vehicles.
- Smoking on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA.
- Use of camera cell phones in the YMCA locker rooms is prohibited and may lead to suspension of the YMCA membership.
- Anyone taking pictures of another person without their permission and knowledge will be prosecuted by the YMCA. This
- may also lead to the suspension or termination of the membership.
- Members and program participants who require medical attention while at the Y, including needing medical care from staff or emergency services, will need to provide medical clearance to the Y staff when returning to wellness or programming.
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually
under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests.
Members, guests, and program participants are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person or the Building Supervisor on duty.
YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked. The Branch Executive will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result from a determination by the Branch Executive if in his/her discretion a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
- Wellness Center equipment will be spread out to follow mandated 6-10 ft. guidelines. Some equipment will be set up for use in other areas of the building to have things spaced out.
- Same entry procedures, including answering COVID 19 related questions from the CDC and temperature checks.
- There will be directional signage to follow for entering/exiting the building to limit contact.
- All members will be required to sign a waiver and Code of Conduct form.
- Staff are required to wear masks (except when teaching a group exercise class)
- Members must wear masks entering and moving about the facility. Masks are not required while exercising.
- Members will receive a spray bottle with approved disinfectant upon entering the building. Disinfect equipment before and after use. Return bottles to designated spot upon leaving the facility. Staff will also be doing additional cleaning.
- New members are welcome to join the Y.
- We are asking members to limit their workouts to one hour or less due to the limited capacity that we are currently required to follow.
- Members are required to bring their own water bottles from home.
- There will be no Coffee or water service
We appreciate your patience with us and each other as we continue to navigate through this time. We will continue to make informed decisions in the best interest of our staff and members, while following the guidelines given to us from our insurance company, the CDC, Department of Health and our Y State Alliance.