Member & Guest Expectations
The Titusville YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to always act appropriately when in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct lists examples of expected behavior in our facility and programs.
- Bring membership card and photo ID when using the facilities.
- Secure your personal items using lockers, available for use during the day, providing your own lock.
- Wear appropriate attire suitable for a family atmosphere.
- Use equipment and facilities appropriately and put items back when you finish using them. Keeping the facility clean is everyone’s job.
- Keep all facilities free from alcohol, drugs, and weapons. This includes any type of devices or objects which could be used or perceived as weapons.
- No smoking. The YMCA facilities and grounds are smoke-free environments – this includes electronic cigarettes and vaping.
- Refrain from posting unapproved materials. Ask the Membership Director for permission to post flyers in the YMCA facility or on the surrounding property.
DEMONSTRATE RESPECT TO OTHERS:
- Create positive interactions with members, program participants, guests, and staff by avoiding any physical or verbal confrontations with others that may be interpreted as angry, threatening or harassing.
- Use respectful language and actions, avoiding angry or vulgar words and gestures including, but not limited to, swearing, bullying, name calling or shouting.
- Refrain from using offensive language, wearing revealing clothing and exposing inappropriate tattoos. Shoes, shorts or pants and shirts are required in all areas of the facility.
- Use appropriate behavior for a family facility by avoiding any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact.
DISPLAY CARE TOWARDS OTHERS:
- Refrain from misuse, abuse or theft of any Titusville YMCA facility and property.
- Respect others’ belongings.
- If you are taking photos or videos of yourself, make sure no one else is visible in those photos or videos. Photos and videos are not permitted in the locker room or bathroom areas.
BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND OTHERS:
- Conduct that does not support the Titusville YMCA’s mission or core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are not acceptable.
- Members, program participants and guests are expected to identify themselves when asked.
Members, guests, and program participants are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety. If any person exhibits behavior which threatens another person’s comfort or safety, the behavior should be reported to staff. Please do not hesitate to notify staff if assistance is needed. In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked. The Y investigates all reported incidents.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
Members and guests are asked to play personal music with earphones/earbuds.
In accordance with Pennsylvania state law, mothers are welcome to breast-feed at the YMCA.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act, the Titusville YMCA welcomes service animals to accompany people with disabilities in all areas of the facility where the public is normally allowed to go. Please see Y staff upon entrance to the facility.
The Titusville YMCA utilizes video surveillance technology throughout Y property.
If any of the above Code of Conduct expectations are in question or have occurred, membership or program privileges to the Titusville YMCA may be suspended or terminated.